Thursday, May 5, 2011

Anticipation

Anticipation is realization in advance, foresight; expectation or hope. The truth is this week has been full of Anticipation as D-day is getting closer.  My view of anticipation hasn't always been the most positive.  The anticipation I have experienced this week has been accompanied by moments of fear, as has been the case most of my life, but "The day will come when the risk to remain tight inside the bud will be greater than it takes to bloom". I know this quote doesn't just apply to plastic and reconstructive surgery, but to every type of event or situation that allows us to bloom into the person we want to become.  Mine is a journey both inside and out.  This is just a story of me blooming in one of the areas that I have remained tight inside, my skin!
So next week is the BIG EVENT-My Obagi Blue Peel and as I mentioned the fear that I have been experienced I am now translating as nervousness. This is mostly because I won't get the luxury of staying home all week. I am going to work so patient's can see the healing process up close and personal. The more research I do, the more I know this is the right decision for me and I know I will be happier with my skin.

As promised I will be posting before, during and after pictures.  These pictures are the easiest because I have my make-up on.  This picture is of me with my Arbonne makeup. This make-up is awesome and helps me feel comfortable in my skin.My goal through this process is to feel good about my skin and possibly good enough that I will feel confident without foundation.


This second picture is up close I have some powder on but you can see my acne  scarring below my chin where it is the worst as well as how uneven my skin is.

This procedure costs around $800.00 and works best when used in conjunction with the Obagi Nu Derm Kit before and after the procedure. I have been using Nu Derm for about a year and it has completely got rid of my acne and lightened some of my scarring, but I still have some left.  

I have heard the downtime for this procedure can be anywhere from 5-10 days. The difference depends on how many layers of the Obagi Blue Peel you will require to achieve your results. Some patient's may require more than one of these procedures.   This is a video of Dr. Obagi performing the Obagi Blue Peel and will be similar to what I will experience next Saturday.

Obagi Blue Peel, performed by Dr. Obagi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eefJbAHmALs&feature=related

Below are two of the Before and After Photo's that Obagi has produced, results are typical. (We will see how correct that is ;).

                        BEFORE                                                                                 AFTER




So needless to say Anticipation is a good thing. To me it means something exciting is around the corner. And that "around the corner" may take a mountain to cross over, but the beautiful valley that is on the other side will be well worth the journey. Please follow me next week on the day of my procedure and for the recovery period. I will be posting a photo each day to show you exactly what one can expect during the recovery period.

No comments:

Post a Comment